Good Morning Second Grade Families!
GWCS is working hard to get all important contact information and updates completed. It can be a complicated process! Until teachers have access to all of the information, I was hoping you could help me out in the meantime!
1. Please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) the following information by Monday, so that I can ensure that I have the correct information to get your child home safely on the first day of school:
- Your child’s name and your name
- Your email address
- How your child will be getting home the first week of school (T, W, Th, F)
- A contact number for you in case their are any transportation issues
*I do have this information for most students from the office, however, some information is incomplete.
2. Please send your child with a healthy snack each day and a labeled reusable bottle of water. When possible please pack snack in a reusable container.
3. Please send your child with a 4×6 photo to be placed on their locker. Write your child’s name on the back of the photo.
4. Please remove all supplies from the packaging BEFORE sending it to school with your child. Place the items in a ziplock bag. (Imagine me trying to help 27 seven year olds open all of that packaging! LOL)
5. Please label the following items with your child’s name – head phones, scissors, clipboard, copybook, water bottle, and $15 cash only – exact change in an envelope clearly marked with your child’s name for additional high quality supplies.
*No other supplies need to be labeled. They will go into a shared bin. (See supply list below)
2nd Grade Supply List
1 – box of crayons
1- lg box of tissues
1-clip board(clearly labeled with child’s name and packaging removed)
1- headphones (clearly labeled with child’s name and packaging removed)
3- pink erasers
1- pair of scissors (clearly labeled with child’s name and packaging removed)
1- refillable water bottle (leakproof with tight fitting lid, clearly labeled with child’s name)
1- 12 pack of Expo brand dry erase markers (low odor, fine tip, preferably black, packaging removed)
1- jumbo glue stick (packaging removed)
48- pencils ( to be kept at home) Students will be asked to bring 5 sharp pencils to school each day
***Please be sure to have access to a pencil sharpener AT HOME. Students will need to sharpen pencils AT HOME each night.
1- single or multi pack of 3×3 inch LINED sticky notes (packaging removed)
1- large bottle of hand sanitizer
3- containers of wet ones antibacterial wipes
Please email with any other questions or concerns you may have.
Thank you and enjoy the long weekend!